HOTAS Warthog™ Press Release (*CAUTION* Oversized Pics)

I could not resist to share this with you..

Today I was about to receive the package containing my Thrustmaster Warthog device. I must say HATS DOWN to Thrustmaster guys as they have created something so real, that the Dubai Customs officer denied releasing the box. He said I was gonna plant the thing into something and go bomb the Taliban.... Ehh, what'ya know... :joystick:

LOL, OMG i feel for you. Beaurocrats can be pretty thick at times.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what clowns and a joke!

You can use underwear as bombs, pretty soon we will all be commando!

I was told the sticks were being held for Target completion, but that was the last I heard! I'll send a mail Monday... again.

How can that be if it has been shipped world wide already?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Ordered mine from there as well but only because its the closest supplier.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I was told the sticks were being held for Target completion, but that was the last I heard! I'll send a mail Monday... again.

Holding up US shipments for completion of software which is NOT required at all for the stick's use in the one game it's designed for?

Well some good news, I will receive my order Monday, so that means the hogs are being shipped to retailers! Hopefully you guys will start seeing sticks soon.

Thanks for the heads up, and I hope that bodes well. I've been walking around in a state--I have until Nov 11 max to get the WH to NYC, otherwise the person I have on line to 'smuggle' the thing overseas to me will be long gone, and I will have to a) wait until someone else I know goes to NYC and returns, or b) pay a 100% mark-up due to shipping and customs .

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the heads up, and I hope that bodes well. I've been walking around in a state--I have until Nov 11 max to get the WH, otherwise the person I have on line to 'smuggle' the thing over will be long gone, and I will have to a) wait until someone else I know goes to NYC and returns, or b) pay a 100% mark-up due to shipping and customs .

I know , hard decision!

I'm waiting for mine and it hurts...

Gentleman, I finally go mine after harsh morning at the Dubai Customs.

Now I sit and just look at this piece of jewelry... Can't believe it..

Just two lines about the TH Warthog:

> next to it ALL other "joysticks" look pathetic.

> worth every single penny.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Gentleman, I finally go mine after harsh morning at the Dubai Customs....

Oh Jolly Good :thumbup:

I'd ask you for a wee debrief, but that would be unjustly cruel and no doubt lead to elevated blood-pressure levels.

Customs.......unbelievable......woud love to know what they were thinking :music_whistling:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Oh Jolly Good :thumbup:

I'd ask you for a wee debrief, but that would be unjustly cruel and no doubt lead to elevated blood-pressure levels.

Customs.......unbelievable......woud love to know what they were thinking :music_whistling:

Well, here goes:

Apparently these guys are very sensitive about the whole "terrorists" theme.

As you might all know the region here is kind of a breeding place for those with Pakistan and Yemen being the battlegrounds. Actually just the other day Dubai customs seized a package from Yemen bound to USA with a plastic bomb rigged in a printer toner cassette. So imagine the atmosphere here while UAE is really pushing to be recognized as a safe country (and I must admit it is).

So, here I come with my "U.S.Air Force" stamped, weighting 15 KGs package that looks so real that one would think that those are actual parts from a real airplane. Perhaps the customs decided that I try to smuggle a real A-10 in the country ;).

Anyway, after almost an hour sitting with the Boss and trying to explain how "unreal" is the stick in therms of bombing anyone, he did not seem quite sure about the whole thing. Out of desperation I almost made a clown of myself and eventually succeeded to convince them to release the package.

Now I am happy camper :pilotfly:.

P.S. this stick is DCS A-10 plug and play (first time such an flawless compatibility). OMG, OMG....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Hah! That is pretty funny. They actually thought the computer joystick was some item to be concerned about? They must not see many components like the Warthog HOTAS over there!

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Hah! That is pretty funny. They actually thought the computer joystick was some item to be concerned about? They must not see many components like the Warthog HOTAS over there!

Cool!

There is a place where a HOTAS for a flightsim is a common sight? Where is this place?

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Waiting for mine to be driven from Helsinki to Oulu. Ordered from SimW, the package was shipped from Belgium to Finland during the weekend but slow customs/post is taking it's sweet time to get it from Helsinki to me. Hoping for it to arrive tomorrow.