HOTAS Warthog™ Press Release (*CAUTION* Oversized Pics)

quit posting and go play with the WH :D

Exactly what I've been doing :D (fears for life and legs it...)

A mini 'pit would be on the cards for me too, if I had the space. You could almost do with a F-16 type of arm rest for both the stick and the throttle as your hands are quite high up off the desk. If you centre mounted the stick, as per the real thing, it would help as you could rest your forearm on your thigh...

Yep, both USB and both plug and play. Literally.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BLT's site has changed release to 11-4. I have not received an email moving the date back yet for my order but I do expect one. This waiting and constant shuffling of dates is really starting to get to me now. If I can find it some place else in the USA sooner I will probably cancel my order there and re-order some place else. I don't care if I have to pay a little more. To me it is worth it to get it asap. HOG HOG HOG HOG!

Out

Heads up, the product is being shipped to retailers now from inside the US!

I'm waiting on 10 sets which should be here Friday for me and I will ship out next Monday, but we are all at the whelm of the distribution centers.

Edited by Flim

BLT's site has changed release to 11-4. I have not received an email moving the date back yet for my order but I do expect one. This waiting and constant shuffling of dates is really starting to get to me now. If I can find it some place else in the USA sooner I will probably cancel my order there and re-order some place else. I don't care if I have to pay a little more. To me it is worth it to get it asap. HOG HOG HOG HOG!

Out

Not sure why, when BLT was the first US company to be taking preorders, that they seem to be one of the last to get them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

Hi guys.

It is possible to configurate EVERY switch/button as modifier in DCS! (also for analg axes)

I have a problem with TARGET.

To run a TARGET-configuration the configuration-script have to run while you run the game.

TARGET don't know if the game is running.

Also it is not working to start the game by the START-button in TARGET.

It sounds as if there are lots of issues with TARGET. But its good to hear it works out of the box with both BS and A-10!

So how do you set a switch to be a modifier in A-10 without running target? I would like to leave all the default functions as they are, but use the paddle switch as a modifier to add some view commands.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA97XSLI

Core i7 4790 @ 4.0 Ghz

MSI GTX 1080ti

32 Mb RAM DDR3-2133

512GB SSD for DCS

HP Reverb VR HMD

Thrustmaster Warthog & MFG Crosswind

So how do you set a switch to be a modifier in A-10 without running target? I would like to leave all the default functions as they are, but use the paddle switch as a modifier to add some view commands.

Open OPTIONS > CONTROLS of DCS so you can see the big table of all functions/controls.

Controls.thumb.png.4face5eabe395c49e038e8dd92b3b31b.png

In the down left corner of the window you can find the button MODIFIRES.

A new window appears.

Modifiers.thumb.png.3f3d8a4632256e20c55f27cfe902866f.png

Click to ADD.

Here you can choose the device (Stick/Throttle) and ALL switches/buttons of the selected device.

So you can add as many switches/buttons to the modifiers-list as you want.

1479338291_Addnewmodifier.thumb.png.bc14ce7dbfccf829de0668b785b45e18.png

Out

Dammit! Anyone found any other retailer in the US that is actually getting these? Delaying to the 4th is essentially adding another week to shipping due to the weekend, never mind the total lack of communication. This sucks. :mad:

Out

I canceled mine with BLT about a week ago. Part of the reason being the "need" for a new stick with the other part being constant date switching.

After the extra week to think about it, I would consider repurchasing from somewhere here in the U.S. that is similar in price and shipping, and a place that does not switch their shipping dates around.

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

Talked to my company vendor with MacMall. They aren't getting theirs till Nov 5th from the manufacturer. Still means two more weeks for US players to get the hardware when Europe will have had it for a week. Way disappointing.

Well the Amazon hasn't started sending the Warthog in Europe yet. Tomorrow, I hope. But even so I still think I'll have to wait at least for a week for the slow shipment.

Where you at?

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Hey Flim what do you buy them for before marking them up?

(I dont expect an answer.:))

:music_whistling:

My shipment is coming from Indiana , but they show when they show!! I'm hoping to have my shipment by Friday.

I have 3 in this batch left for sale!

Hey Film, let me know what you think. I've decided to hold off on my purchase until after Christmas.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Not to insinuate anything about flim, but in general i would not turn to a retailer for a thorough review of a product he is selling.

Well, I would not sell it if it was not the best product out there! As you can see on our site, this is the only stick we carry and will carry! I'm all about quality and from my experience with the prototypes, it is a top notch product. As a note, I'm very picky....

Support TM so they will continue to develop products like this.

As soon as I get my retail version in , I will do a video showing our U.M.C. setup with the Warthog... hopefully this weekend.

Edited by Flim

Not to insinuate anything about flim, but in general i would not turn to a retailer for a throrough review of a product he is selling.

Yeah ask the thief if he robbed something...:lol:

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Well, I would not sell it if it was not the best product out there! As you can see on our site, this is the only stick we carry and will carry! I'm all about quality and from my experience with the prototypes, it is a top notch product. As a note, I'm very picky....

Again, no offense. For what i know, the TMWH may be the hottest thing since sliced bread (in fact, i intend to get one after some independent reviews are out), but maybe you can understand that your opinion is not what qualifies as independent to me. That is not a statement about your proffessionalism, but based merely on the fact alone that you're a retailer for TM.

• Like 1

Come let's eat grandpa!

Slovenia, neighbour. :) Come on, hog! :joystick:

Are you ordering from UK? I'm pretty sure that, if not from inside Slovenia, you could at least get a unit in Austria cheaper than with shipping it from the UK.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Hottest thing since self-slicing bread! :)

http://www.simhq.com/_technology3/technology_174a.html

Yeah, when it comes to reviews, i might be a bit picky. IIRC simhq spoke really highly about the g940. Turns out it's a piece of junk (IMHO). Now i'm stuck with having a 250€ voucher bound to the retailer that i bought the g940 from. Well, that was fun.......NOT.

I'm not saying they mean harm, but it just ain't independent until it comes from someone that doesn't have to bite the hand that's feeding him.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Are you ordering from UK? I'm pretty sure that, if not from inside Slovenia, you could at least get a unit in Austria cheaper than with shipping it from the UK.

From Amazon.fr, 390 EUR with postage. When I ordered most of the shops showed they are getting them on 17. November, now it's in stock in lots of shops. But not cheaper, most of the shops charge 30 EUR or more for postage to Slovenia. I usually order things from MyLemon, they only charge 10 - 15 EUR of postage.

http://geizhals.at/eu/a577830.html