HOTAS Warthog™ Press Release (*CAUTION* Oversized Pics)

@Sobek: that is true. However, the thing the are striking over is rediculous.. With the life expectancy (spelled correctly?) these days.

This is just how it starts, in austria male retirement age was advanced to 65 and just after that the debate spawned to advance it even further. And for what? To finance the huge pseudofederalism that doesn't stop blowing up money it's own arse and the out of this world politics pensions. How this state has managed to keep up this standard of living really evades me. I'm drifting off slightly here...:)

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SimWare shows October 25, Flightstore the same date and Amazon UK October 29.

Simware product page showed October 22 yesterday, but today they have updated the date and also their main page says:"Available on Oct.25 ! Pre-orders recommended".

Everything indicates it's coming next week.

I hope you're right!

I pre order at simware a long time ago(It seems)

And now it is soon here

But a strange thing is that i cant acsess my acount, I mail them about my pre order status and they say i was still on the list :thumbup:

MB:MSI X79A-GD45

CPU:Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz

Ram:16 gb

Grafik :GTX 680 Sli

Win 7 64 bit

1200 W

2 ssd 120 gb

1 2 TB western Digital Caviar Green

Let's hope the friggin strike doesn't affect delivery-it's only getting worse.

Pretty selfish of me I know. But I went ahead and posted after reading that even after raising the age threshold, they'll still have one of if not the lowest retirement age requirement and best benefits package on the continent. I think the French do pretty well for vacation time as well. Anyways, good luck to all revolutionaries I say, so long as it doesn't get in the way of my simming, goddamnit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As always the public worker that win the most and work the least are the starter (SNCF works 6 hours per day, gain starting their carrer 2300 Euros (already clean of taxes), and are responsable for 20% of the srikes.

Then come the others hanging in the system who win money for doing nothing (immigrants), unemployed that want to stay so and gain government aid for years, and at least the the ones who dont want to study and have an excuse to do so...(colleges and the like).

The rabbles that lives at the expenses of those who work...French already work only 35H per week.

And they dare endanger the TM Warthog delivery !!! Unacceptable!!!!

Lets do a strike to show we dont care about their strikes!

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

By the way, all this is brought to you by the good Ole World Trade Organization! :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Amazon UK seems to have dropped the price by £10, that's a couple of pints!

Still seems set for the 29th, fingers staying crossed.

With so much pre orders flooding, i fear the price will rise...

Cant preorder :( but at least i m building my new system:).

I m eager for the first reports from the little white laboratory ratzzzz. I really hope there will a lot of squeaks of joy, and that they ll endure.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Amazon UK seems to have dropped the price by £10, that's a couple of pints!

Still seems set for the 29th, fingers staying crossed.

Quite a few of us complained to Amazon a few weeks back and it looks like it may have actially worked. People power! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 9700k | 32gb DDR4 | Geforce 2080ti | TrackIR 5 | Rift S | HOTAS WARTHOG | CH PRO Pedals

With so much pre orders flooding, i fear the price will rise...

Cant preorder :( but at least i m building my new system:).

I m eager for the first reports from the little white laboratory ratzzzz. I really hope there will a lot of squeaks of joy, and that they ll endure.

Amazon UK are actually doing a best price guarantee, the lowest the price drops to before launch is what you'll pay, so get in early! Right now it's £329, so if you order now and it goes up to £380 or something, you'll still pay £329.

I need to spec up my machine a bit too, looked at an i7 which means I need a new Mobo, which means I need DDR3 RAM, looking pricey!

476th vFG Alumni

Amazon UK are actually doing a best price guarantee, the lowest the price drops to before launch is what you'll pay, so get in early! Right now it's £329, so if you order now and it goes up to £380 or something, you'll still pay £329.

I need to spec up my machine a bit too, looked at an i7 which means I need a new Mobo, which means I need DDR3 RAM, looking pricey!

Thank you, but i can t afford now the shipping plus the taxes of import which sum up to 120% since the shipping is taxed too.

Living in a tropical paradise filled with hot girls :D has its drawback too....

and i aimed high too i7 930, rampage 3 gen, 8 gb G skill cl7...

The stick is already over priced. Raising the price will only decline sales IMHO.

As a retailer & manufacturer you have to meet your profit margin (for it to make sense even selling it), and while I'm not in the loop about the actual numbers per se, I know the margin is pretty slim as it is due to the high end parts used in the HW.

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Wow. That review had my G meter wound the opposite direction of extreme carnage. The absurd mental image of my cheap, plastic Suncom in fetal position eying up at the underside of the towering TM Ubersome Warthog's boot disappeared like a warped bandit named Terrible Ping.

I'm sorry but I can't believe TM use the same cheap die-cast metal with the all-too-familiar imperfections on the paint job!? WTF? And the throttle...I was in lust with that throttle but that review had the light shined on me. They wobbled when moved? WTFofallFs? My Suncom throttle does that.

Sorry, guys. This is terrible for me to say but I am disappointed.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

The HQ review left me impressed with the software angle change... i would like to see how that works IRL with live testing.

The rest was more or less expected. The throttle was way less impressive in this review...

The non acceptance and other brand hardware and the lack of rudders and rudders compatibility.

This may be a shot in the feet of the pig.

Edited by Succellus

Wow. That review had my G meter wound the opposite direction of extreme carnage. The absurd mental image of my cheap, plastic Suncom in fetal position eying up at the underside of the towering TM Ubersome Warthog's boot disappeared like a warped bandit named Terrible Ping.

I'm sorry but I can't believe TM use the same cheap die-cast metal with the all-too-familiar imperfections on the paint job!? WTF? And the throttle...I was in lust with that throttle but that review had the light shined on me. They wobbled when moved? WTFofallFs? My Suncom throttle does that.

Sorry, guys. This is terrible for me to say but I am disappointed.

Dude you worry about the paint ??? Come on!!! You worry your makup will stain during the party ? :D

I was a bit disapointed too by the throttle, really looked less impressive compared to the others. The wobble and especially the lack of wheel, i hadn t tough of that, those wheel are damn usefull for flaps in WW2 sim.

And where prey might that be?

It does not appear ?

Well, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil.

Dude you worry about the paint ??? Come on!!! You worry your makup will stain during the party ? :D

I was a bit disapointed too by the throttle, really looked less impressive compared to the others. The wobble and especially the lack of wheel, i hadn t tough of that, those wheel are damn usefull for flaps in WW2 sim.

If WW2 aircraft is something you intend to use the WH on, and a lack of a rotary is an issue for oyu, then perhaps you should look towards one of the "generic" style controllers (G940, X65F, X52 Pro) and not a "replica" A-10C HOTAS?

This is a stick designed for A-10C use specifically, and I'm damn certain you won't hear DCS A-10C pilots complaining, cause thats what the real pilots are using.

I'm not saying this as an elitist or a purist, but simply saying that if you want to use it for other sims too, it's going to have problems in those areas, which are an expected downside to the idea of a "replica".

You can make a HOTAS which is good for all sims (aforementioned HOTAS), or a HOTAS which is great for one sim. You'll never make a HOTAS which is great for all sims, because each one needs tailored things to suit it.

476th vFG Alumni

all_101c_003.jpg

...or you can use the switch marked "FLAPS".

My bad :

Lack of WHEEL without leaving the hand of the throttle.

If WW2 aircraft is something you intend to use the WH on, and a lack of a rotary is an issue for oyu, then perhaps you should look towards one of the "generic" style controllers (G940, X65F, X52 Pro) and not a "replica" A-10C HOTAS?

This is a stick designed for A-10C use specifically, and I'm damn certain you won't hear DCS A-10C pilots complaining, cause thats what the real pilots are using.

I'm not saying this as an elitist or a purist, but simply saying that if you want to use it for other sims too, it's going to have problems in those areas, which are an expected downside to the idea of a "replica".

You can make a HOTAS which is good for all sims (aforementioned HOTAS), or a HOTAS which is great for one sim. You'll never make a HOTAS which is great for all sims, because each one needs tailored things to suit it.

TRUE... but i m much more worried about the rudder issue.